Choose the meaning you think
is correct for each - Have fun!
1. sear (v.) - A: to insult. B: thirst. C: predict.
2. seer (n.) - A: elderly person. B: cooking utensil.
C: idealist. D: prophet.
3. dun (v.) - A: to soil. B: add to. C: demand payment.
D: find fault.
4. don (v.) - A: to chaperone. B: put on. C: give. D: lord
5. nib (n.) - A: point. B: small amount. C: essence.
D: clever response.
6. nub (n.) - A: clumsy person. B: lack of courtesy.
C: mechanical fitting. D: knob or lump.
7. vie (v.) - A: to long for. B: compete. C: urge. D: pass
8. via (prep.) - A: over. B: toward. C: by way of.
9. quark (n.) - A: in physics, a fundamental particle.
B: unusual star. C: newt. D: any unexplained phenomenon.
10. quirk (n.) - A: dagger. B: self-satisfied smile. C: odd
mannerism. D: habit.
11. couch (v.) - A: to camouflage. B: put into words.
C: relax. D: hunker down.
12. conch (n.) - A: part of a saddle. B: crown. C: rope.
13. wax (v.) - A: to begin. B: diminish. C: melt. D: grow.
14. wag (n.) - A: sprite. B: dishonest person. C: joker.
D: someone who is ineffectual.
15. score (v.) - A: to criticize severely. B: cleanse.
C: flatter. D: treat with deference.
16. scope (n.) - A: agenda. B: range or extent. C: educated
guess. D: conclusion.
17. rife (adj.) - A: divided. B: petty. C: widespread.
18. rile (v.) - A: to enliven. B: waste time. C: blunder.
19. chafe (v.) - A: to rub against. B: tease. C: cut through.
D: challenge persistently.
20. chaff (n.) - A: compost. B: impatience. C: grain husks.
*Answers are located in "comments"
for your convenience & felicity but
no machination or peeking allowed.