Word Pop Quiz!
The theme this week is collectibles
and antiques. Let's see how many
you know. Good luck!
1. mint adj. - A: refurbished, B: prime, C: old, D: worn
2. patina (Pat 'n uh) n. - A: glitter, B: coat of paint,
C: glue, D: age-mellowed surface
3. cornice n. - A: top molding, B: handle, C: baseboard,
4. coherent adj. - A: slapdash, B: all one color,
C: consistent, D: temporarily suitable
5. filigree n. - A: rapid talk, B: fine ornamental work,
C: knick-knacks, D: think upholstery
6. sleeper n. - A: lantern, B: over-priced piece,
C: unexpected success, D: hesitant buyer
7. dovetail v. - A: to agitate, B: end abruptly, C: taper,
8. plinth n. - A: wine decanter, B: curtain rod, C: base,
D: clawed foot.
9. art deco adj. - relating to A: repainting, B: draperies,
C: wood, D: decorative style
10. escutcheon n. - A: doorknob, B: desk, C: shield, D: tool
11. artisan n. - A: historian, B: follower, C: storyteller,
12. provenance n. - A: inspiration, B: luck, C: origin,
13. cabriole n. - A: bowl, B: apron, C: serving cart,
D: curved leg.
14. aesthetic adj. - A: out of balance, B: showing good
taste, C: old, D: vain
15. vendor n. - A: buyer, B: seller, C: agent, D: auctioneer
16. rococo (ro CO co) adj. - in a style marked by A: block
shapes, B; elaborate ornamentation, C: musical images,
17. armoire n. A: footstool, B: low chair, C: waiting area,
D: wardrobe cabinet
18. veneer n. - A: drapery, B: surface layer, C: web,
19. finial n. - A: top ornament, B: nightstand, C: wall
bracket, D: champagne glass
20. period adj. - A: imitation, B: of a certain time,
C: finely executed, D: unconventional
*Answers are located in "comments"
for your convenience & felicity but
no machination or peeking allowed.