Curtain Up Quiz!
The words here come from the lyrics
of some popular musicals. Do you know
1. heinous (adj.) - A: following behind. B: final. C: abomin-
able. D: unusual.
2. accrue (v.) - A: to accentuate. B: accelerate. C: acclim-
ate. D: accumulate.
3. iniquity (n.) - A: wickedness. B: uneasiness.
C: unhelpfulness. D: rudeness.
4. sanatorium (n.) - A: sacred place. B: rehabilitation
facility. C: hideout. D: trash-hauler's garage.
5. impetuous (adj.) - A: impatient. B: impulsively passionate.
C: unable to be moved. D: immature.
6. finagle (v.) - A: to obtain by trickery. B: adjust care-
fully. C: finalize. D: scrutinize.
7. beguile (v.) - A: to restart. B: befriend. C: charm.
D: leave back.
8. flaunt (v.) - A: to whip mercilessly. B: flatten.
C: promote above all others. D: show off.
9. palazzo (n.) - A: open-air market. B: large building.
C: castle entrance. D: enclosed terrace.
10. inquisition (n.) - A: harsh questioning. B: excessive
penalty. C: sudden acquisition. D: formal invitation.
11. gaudy (adj.) - A: clumsy. B: windy. C: self-centered,
egotistical. D: flashy.
12. fop (n.) - A: vain man. B: spectacular failure.
C: cleaning utensil. D: rare shellfish.
13. ennui (n.) - A: high-heeled slipper. B: excitement.
C: boredom. D: lone exit.
14. ken (n.) - A: member of the immediate family. B: range
of knowledge. C: geographic surroundings. D: ancient
15. equipoise (n.) - state of A: equality. B: readiness.
C: equilibrium. D: fluid movement.
16. virago (n.) - A: passenger. B: loud woman. C: sign
of the zodiac. D: mirage.
Answers are in "comments"